Our Aims Are:
- To preserve and enhance the Conservation Area
- To raise awareness of our history and architecture
- To encourage involvement in community and civic pride
- To maintain our finances in order to support our activities
Benefits of Membership:
- Quarterly Newsletter
- Quarterly local history supplement
- Regular updates on Oxton News and Society activities
- Members’ emails, Facebook and Twitter notifications
- Advice on planning and tree work
- AGM, Annual Report and Accounts
- Comments to Council on Planning Policy and Applications for Planning and Tree work
- Heritage Walks, Local History Research and Publications
- Blue Plaques for Historic Oxton people
- Secret Gardens
- Hanging Baskets
- Christmas Lights and Celebrations
Sadly the Secret Gardens of Oxton event will not be able to go ahead for the second year running due to the continuing pandemic. However, the team behind last year's 'Virtual Gardens' is going to bring the event safely into people's homes again via another Facebook...
The Oxton Society is delighted that, thanks to generous member donations, Community Fund grants from Wirral Borough Council and a partnership between the Oxton Society and Eraklis Developments Ltd, a defibrillator is now located at The Willows, in the centre of the...
Oxton History Publications, produced by the Oxton History Group, are now available to purchase online. Our publications tell the stories of prominent and interesting Oxton people from the past. Much of what we write is based on our original research. For further...
Oxton Society Members have received a complimentary copy of our Commemorative Book by our Secretary, Alan Chape. Further copies of this lavishly illustrated, full-colour 60pp book are available both to members and non-members, for sale at £5.00. To order copies please...