Our Aims Are:
- To preserve and enhance the Conservation Area
- To raise awareness of our history and architecture
- To encourage involvement in community and civic pride
- To maintain our finances in order to support our activities
Benefits of Membership:
- Quarterly Newsletter
- Quarterly local history supplement
- Regular updates on Oxton News and Society activities
- Members’ emails, Facebook and Twitter notifications
- Advice on planning and tree work
- AGM, Annual Report and Accounts
- Comments to Council on Planning Policy and Applications for Planning and Tree work
- Heritage Walks, Local History Research and Publications
- Blue Plaques for Historic Oxton people
- Secret Gardens
- Hanging Baskets
- Christmas Lights and Celebrations
The switch-on of the lights took place on Saturday November 27th at 4.30pm. After a year without a real-life celebration we enjoyed all the usual attractions including: Mulled wine, mince pies and hot-dogs Kids’ entertainment by Woodcraft Folk Santa Claus...
The Oxton Society AGM will be held on Wednseday Sept 29th at 7.30pm at St Saviour's Parish Centre We have not been able to have an Annual General Meeting since 2019. We have considered all the options available as we return to normal. St Saviour's can...
We have unveilled our fifth Blue Plaque outside the former home of First World War hero George Schultz. The unveiling ceremony took place at 3 Silverdale Road, Oxton, on August 7. It was conducted by Major Paul Hands from Chetwynd Barracks. George's grandson, John...
The new programme of FREE History Walks has been announced. Click here for full details