Our Aims Are:
- To preserve and enhance the Conservation Area
- To raise awareness of our history and architecture
- To encourage involvement in community and civic pride
- To maintain our finances in order to support our activities
Benefits of Membership:
- Quarterly Newsletter
- Quarterly local history supplement
- Regular updates on Oxton News and Society activities
- Members’ emails, Facebook and Twitter notifications
- Advice on planning and tree work
- AGM, Annual Report and Accounts
- Comments to Council on Planning Policy and Applications for Planning and Tree work
- Heritage Walks, Local History Research and Publications
- Blue Plaques for Historic Oxton people
- Secret Gardens
- Hanging Baskets
- Christmas Lights and Celebrations
We are inviting you to make a small donation to help us cover our costs via Just Giving. Click here or go to justgiving.com/campaign/oxtonxmas2023 to make a donation. Any surplus will be donated to the Mayor's Charity and the Salvation Army. The lights...
Solar panels for domestic buildings in Conservation Areas. Placing solar panels on the roof of your house or flat, or a building within the grounds of your house or flat, is usually ‘Permitted Development’ and does not require planning permission provided they meet...
The Oxton Society is deeply shocked and saddened at the loss of our friend and our Membership Secretary, Dave Barden, who has died in the Moroccan earthquake whilst on the latest leg of a round-the-world cycle trip raising funds for the Red Cross. Dave gave his all to...
Nominations are invited for our Design Award 2023. A primary objective of the Oxton Society is to ensure that the special character of the Conservation Area is maintained and enhanced. The purpose of our Design Award scheme is to encourage and celebrate...