The aims of the Oxton Society are:
- To promote high standards of planning and architecture
- To educate the public in Oxton’s geography, history, natural history and architecture
- To secure the preservation, protection, development and improvement of Oxton
A Civic Society is:
- A friendly society
- A concerned society
- An active society
Now is time to:
- Get involved
- Find out what is going on in your area
- Discover more about the work your local society
- Help make our village work for everyone.
In the light of the controversy that has been aired on the Oxton Society's Face Book and Twitter sites arising from the mural recently created on the wall of Home Cafe, the Society is seeking to clarify the situation for its members. The matter is with the planning...
The 2020 Secret Gardens event will be held on Sunday 10 May, and will be the 20th Anniversary of the event. Please add the date to your diary, more details to follow when the programme has been finalised.
Oxton Village is one of "the coolest and most interesting streets in Merseyside", according to the Liverpool Echo (15 December) - read more about us at number 6 in the list. Well done to everyone in the village! Photo: Colin Lane/Liverpool Echo
One of Oxton’s oldest residents switched on the village Christmas Lights this year on Saturday 30 November. Mike Carr, now in his 100th year, was a former distinguished SAS soldier who worked locally as an art and design teacher after the war, and was guest of honour...