The aims of the Oxton Society are:
- To promote high standards of planning and architecture
- To educate the public in Oxton’s geography, history, natural history and architecture
- To secure the preservation, protection, development and improvement of Oxton
A Civic Society is:
- A friendly society
- A concerned society
- An active society
Now is time to:
- Get involved
- Find out what is going on in your area
- Discover more about the work your local society
- Help make our village work for everyone.
Today we have learnt from Councillor Allan Brame that the Council’s Planning Enforcement Officer has determined that the mural which was painted on the gable end of Home last month is an advertisement under Section 336 of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990. ...
The programme for the OXTON HISTORY WALKS for 2020 is now available. Come and join us on a walk and hear about people and events from local history with an Oxton Society Guide.
We are launching a new Facebook site exclusively for Oxton Society Members. It will contain news and views on the conservation area. We hope you will join the site by clicking here. Alternatively open Facebook, navigate to Oxton Society Members Group and ask to join....
In the light of the controversy that has been aired on the Oxton Society's Face Book and Twitter sites arising from the mural recently created on the wall of Home Cafe, the Society is seeking to clarify the situation for its members. The matter is with the planning...