Our Aims Are:
- To preserve and enhance the Conservation Area
- To raise awareness of our history and architecture
- To encourage involvement in community and civic pride
- To maintain our finances in order to support our activities
Benefits of Membership:
- Quarterly Newsletter
- Quarterly local history supplement
- Regular updates on Oxton News and Society activities
- Members’ emails, Facebook and Twitter notifications
- Advice on planning and tree work
- AGM, Annual Report and Accounts
- Comments to Council on Planning Policy and Applications for Planning and Tree work
- Heritage Walks, Local History Research and Publications
- Blue Plaques for Historic Oxton people
- Secret Gardens
- Hanging Baskets
- Christmas Lights and Celebrations
We were very saddened to hear that Mike Carr passed away in his sleep on April 5th. Our sympathy and condolences go to Barbara who has been a tremendous support to Mike, especially in the last few years when Mike has been less active. Mike and Barbara are the longest...
Secret Gardens, Sunday, May 8th. Advance Tickets now on sale Ticket information – advance tickets £8, on-the-day £10 Advance tickets are now on sale online. CLICK HERE to buy your tickets OR scan the code. You will be able to buy in person from all our usual...
The switch-on of the lights took place on Saturday November 27th at 4.30pm. After a year without a real-life celebration we enjoyed all the usual attractions including: Mulled wine, mince pies and hot-dogs Kids’ entertainment by Woodcraft Folk Santa Claus...
The Oxton Society AGM will be held on Wednseday Sept 29th at 7.30pm at St Saviour's Parish Centre We have not been able to have an Annual General Meeting since 2019. We have considered all the options available as we return to normal. St Saviour's can...