This policy explains how we collect and use the personal information you provide to us. By providing us with any personal information we will assume that you are agreeing to your information being used in the ways described in this Policy.
- Who we are
The Oxton Society was founded in 1979 to preserve and enhance the Oxton Conservation area and works in partnership with Wirral Borough Council, local businesses and the community to pursue this objective. The Society is a registered charity in England and Wales (charity number 511130). We process data in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2018.
- How we collect personal information about you
Personal information that we collect includes your name, address, telephone numbers, email address and whether you have given us authority to claim Gift Aid. We collect personal data in several ways:
- When you become a member of the Society or renew your membership
- When you register for a volunteering activity, eg to open your garden for the Secret Gardens event or to volunteer at the event
- When you order products or services on-line from us, eg tickets for events
- When you make a purchase from us, eg raffle tickets
- How we use your information
We use your personal information in a number of ways to realise the objectives of the Society:
- To process your membership fees and claim Gift Aid, if appropriate, on your subscription
- To provide you with information about the Society, our activities and events
- To provide you with products such as the Newsletter and History Periodical
- To administer volunteering arrangements for events, including the Secret Gardens and Christmas Lights events
- To keep a record of your relationship with the Society
- To invite you to the Society’s Annual General Meeting and other events
- We may also invite you to participate in surveys or research
- Sharing your information
The Oxton Society will never share or sell your information with organisations so that they can contact you for marketing or any other purposes. We may disclose your information if required to do so by law to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- The accuracy of your information
We aim to ensure that all information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. If you advise us that any of the information we hold about you is inaccurate we will ensure that it is amended as soon as possible.
- Looking after your information
We take great care with the personal information that you have provided to us and have taken measures to protect it. For areas of our website which collect personal information we use secure servers. We will only keep your information for as long as it is necessary to administer your relationship with the Society.
We will regularly review this Privacy and Data Protection Policy and will update and modify it as necessary. Any changes will be notified to you via e-mail, through an announcement on our website, via our Newsletter or other appropriate means.
- Your rights
You have various rights in respect of the personal information that we hold about you. You have the right to:
- Request a copy of the information that we hold about you
- Update or amend the information that we hold about you if it is wrong
- Change the way in which we communicate with you
- Ask us to remove all or any of your personal information from our records
- Raise a concern or complaint about the ways in which your information is being used
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, you can do so by contacting the Society via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by post to the Secretary, 4 Willan Street, Oxton, CH43 5ST.