The Oxton Society was founded in 1979. It is a Registered Charity (No 511130) I and is registered with the Civic Trust. The latest version of the Constitution of the Oxton Society was approved in 2012.
Annual General Meeting
The Society holds an Annual General Meeting: the latest AGM was held on 13 September 2017 and the Agenda, Annual Report and Accounts are available to view.
The Minutes of the 2017 AGM are also available, subject to confirmation at the next AGM.
The 2018 AGM will be on Thursday, September 13 at the Williamson Art Gallery. Full details will be in the July/August Newsletter.
The Society is managed by an Executive Committee, which meets every two months. The approved minutes of the Executive Committee are available to view.
The current members of the Executive Committee, with their areas of responsibility, are:
- Rhiannon Evans (Chair)
- Jeff Willis (Vice Chair)
- Alan Chape (Secretary)
- Griff Round (Treasurer)
- Bob Knowles (History Group)
- Dave Barden (Membership Secretary)
- Patrick Toosey (Recruitment)
- Steve Weber (Planning & Amenities)
- Ann Fordham (Publicity & Communications)
- Jane Horton
- Steve Ferguson
- John Booth (Hanging Baskets)
- Karen Freeman (Business Liaison)
- Chris Jarrey (Publicity & Communications)
- Carolyn Weber (Minutes Secretary)
- Cllr. Alan Brighouse
- Cllr. Paul Doughty
The latest strategy of the Oxton Society was adopted by the Executive Committee at a special workshop meeting in March, 2011 and was presented to AGM in July 2011.